Our Full Guitar Tricks Review for 2016
Disclosure: We are considered a professional review site that receives compensation from some of the companies whose products we review, if you choose to make a purchase. However, we don’t recommend anything we don’t actually believe in.
- $14.95 per month, or
- $129 per year ($50 Savings)
Overall Rating: 4/5
- The Fundamentals (2 Modules with a Total of 13 Chapters) – 10 Weeks
- Breakout “Genre” Lesson (3 Modules – Country, Blues, and Rock Music) – 12 Weeks (One Chapter each Week)
- Nine Supplementary “Genre” Lesson Modules
- Includes 3 “Popular Artist/Song” Lesson Modules (Artist Studies, Popular Songs, Top 20)
- Three “Style” Modules (Practice, Tone, Scales/Chords/Arpeggio,)
- Fast Access with Effective support team
- A vast selection of lessons (over 8000 lessons)
- A very affordable deal with a cash-back guarantee for 60 days
- Learn how to play guitar the easy way through their Core Learning system.
- Learn the actual songs that you want almost instantly, with over 500 song options
- It is not only a simple lesson kit. It is a whole system with jam tracks, forums, games, and so much more.
- Modules may seem overwhelming due to the vast options.
- You may have a hard time in finding lessons about guitar playing together with singing.
- You can’t help yourself from getting too excited that you have a tendency to jump from one lesson to another.
This program is definitely for you if…
- You are a novice and you have no background whatsoever in music but you’re eager to learn.
- An average or an experienced player and you want to improve your skills further.
- You know quite a bit and you want a specific genre or style to focus on.
- You aim to entertain by playing songs like a pro.
- You want take lessons from real working professional guitarists who have music in their veins, and not just from any regular music teacher.
My Review of Guitar Tricks
Thanks for checking out this guitar tricks review. I tried and studied the main lessons, and that in itself is so worthwhile. I have to admit that it will still take months and months to go through the modules.
Moreover, they keep on adding new lessons regularly.
And that in itself is worth the time and effort. It is a program fitting for both novice and seasoned musicians.
As I go through the program, I will keep you up to date with my progress and provide additional information about the program through my reviews.
I have always been passionate about music; you might know that from my past reviews. I had been a music lover even before I got my hands on my guitar when I was a kid. Just like every kid with a guitar I wanted to become a famous rock star! That is what started the fire in me.
My First Mistake
Yes, I took private music tutorials. You could say it wasn’t what I expected. The lessons were dull and stagnating. It took away the excitement I had for music. Sure, I appreciated learning the basics but what would you expect from a 10-year-old kid with dreams of being a rock star?
I loved music, but those dull afternoon lessons almost killed the music in me. Almost….
My First Online Lessons
I have taken singing lessons online, and they were great. So I figured, this applies to online guitar lessons too, right?
So I surfed around for some cool looking training pages online, looked through their programs, signed up for their free trial for 14 days. That was the spark that fired me up once more.
Logging up and signing in to the program was easy.
It was great that they had so many options, but I couldn’t help but wonder “now what?” As quickly as I was initially overwhelmed, I saw that they had a very structured and comprehensive program that was quite easy to follow.
Since I’ve seen lots of old guitar instructional videos, I was expecting the videos to be quite boring, I was expecting a buttoned up dull guy strumming guitar chords of a nursery song. Good thing the introduction video said the words that I’ve wanted to hear “you will learn the kind of music you prefer.” Now those words were music enough.
Of course, I was immediately eager to go for some Hendrix, Clapton, or BB King. I had to keep my excitement in check because I knew I still have a lot to cover in terms of the basics. Every lesson was a new technique learned, a new skill acquired, and a new outlook on music. I was motivated and excited for every lesson.
That fired me up.
I was on fire!!!
I could easily see for myself how much I have learned from just a few lessons within this program. I was surprised that I was able to go through the main lessons smoothly and quickly. Even my practice time got longer with each day. I am making some big improvements.
The Next Steps
I am now constantly practicing with ease and experimenting with my melodies and tunes. I enjoy reading new tabs and songs.
I’ve finished going through the first two core fundamentals of the course (find out more about the fundamentals below), and now I’m onto my Blues lessons, which is more my style. I am still excited because there are still more I have yet to take on. There are still lots of videos, forum posts, software, games, articles, etc.
I will still update my review accordingly as I progress through every different style, songs, and video. Another great tutorial site that I’m using is Jamplay, which I’ve also written about on this site. You can read our full review of JamPlay here.
Guitar Tricks is a great way to learn guitar and practice your skills. I would suggest this to anyone who is into guitar playing.
From a mediocre player, I have progressed into a pretty good guitarist and in just a few weeks. I mean, what this program can teach you is seriously amazing.
Why Not Take A Shot At It?
The cash-back guarantee for 60 days is enticing enough. If you do not think you have learned enough in two months then you can ask for a full refund, nothing lost. After those two months, I bet you will not need any more convincing.
It will be the easiest decision you will ever make, and it will be worth your time and money. Honestly, I learned a whole lot of guitar tricks. I can now play so much better than before I started the program.
What You Will Get With Guitar Tricks
A Run Through of the System
All the lessons center on the Guitar Tricks Core Learning System, which is a structure of more than 1,500 sets that start from the most basic lessons up to more crucial subjects.
You can check their free guitar lessons and 14-day trial program to have an overview of the whole course.
If you sign into the member’s area for the first time, the numerous options shown might overwhelm you. Do not click any random video just yet. Look for the graphic of Core Learning System on the left side of the screen.
The core system should introduce you to the basics. The lessons for beginners are in three separate sections. If you are a beginner, it is advisable to start from here before exploring the different musical styles and songs.
After you have gone through the basics, then you can explore other songs and styles.
Guitar Tricks’ Core Learning System
Level One – Guitar Fundamentals
- Proper Posture
- Basic Knowledge
- Chord Introduction
- Playing Melodies
- Full Chords
Level Two – Guitar Fundamentals
- Music Theory Introduction
- Minor Chords Introduction
- Triads, Chords, and Scales
- Reading Music Introduction
- Scale Notes and Chords for Simple Songs
- More Guitar Song Chords
- Minor and Major Scales
- Barre Chords Introduction
Choose Your Style
The best thing about the core learning system is exploring all the exciting styles after studying the basics. I was like a child let loose in a candy store! I was off trying out songs of my preferred genre.
There are many various styles in the program. However, you have to concentrate first on three basic styles so you can become more versatile. This holy trinity of styles are the blues, rock, and country genres.
You can skip some of the styles, but it will be better if you try them all out.
Level One – The Blues
1. 12 Bar Form Introduction
2. Guitar Barre Chords and Power Chords
3. Major and Minor Blues
4. Blues Guitar Rhythm
5. Blues Lead Guitar
6. Blues Guitar Tone and Equipment
Level Two – The Blues
1. Additional Blues Lead Guitar
2. The Three Kings (Freddie King, BB King, and Albert King)
3. Creative Guitar Techniques (Vibrato, Bending, and Phrasing)
4. Blues Guitar Soloing
5. Alternative Forms, Turnarounds, and Rhythms
6. Regional Styles (Jazz, Delta, Texas, Chicago, New Orleans, British)
Level One – Country Music Styles
1. Country Rhythm
2. Country Strumming
3. Barre Chords
4. Chord Embellishment Lessons and Picking
5. Guitar Riffs
6. Borrowing The Sound of The Blues
7. Country Music Tone and Equipment
Level Two – Country Music Styles
1. Caged System
2. Chord Inversions and Country Guitar Theory
3. Rhythm Guitar Techniques
4. Guitar Strumming and Picking Patterns
5. Playing like the Masters of the Modern Country Style
Level One – Rock Music Styles
1. Power Chords and Barre Chords
2. Rock Rhythm
3. Rock Guitar Solo
4. Themes, Licks, and Riffs
5. Guitar Amp Tone & Effects
6. Born From Blues
Level Two – Rock Music Styles
1. Rock Chords Two
2. Rock Lead Guitar Secrets
3. Additional Rock Rhythm
4. Advanced Rock Guitar Techniques
5. Playing Like The Masters of Rock Music
6. Putting Everything Together
Outside the Core
Guitar Tricks has more than 8,000 lessons, so we could not tackle and review all those right here. Heck, I don’t think I could even review 8000 plus lessons in my lifetime!
That is just an idea of the vast spectrum this course holds for you. Getting through core learning will only take you about two months. There is just enough time for you to decide if you will continue with the program or not before your cash-guarantee runs out.
Styles & Songs
After going over the basics, you can concentrate on different styles such as:
- Funk & Soul (a favorite of mine)
- Metal (Another fave, yes my rock star dreams)
Are you looking for a certain song? You won’t have a hard time looking for it on this site. Here are just some of the songs you can learn and practice.
- The Thrill Is Gone by BB King
- Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix
- Let it Be by The Beatles
- Whiskey In The Jar by Metallica
- SuperFreak by Rick James
The diversity of the songs is what’s exciting about the whole course.
Top 20 Guitar Techniques
Featured here are 20 various techniques that will expand your learning after you have gone through the basic lessons.
You will get to study and learn the techniques used by the guitar greats. Learn BB King’s blues classics or Angus Young’s wild riffs – whatever your taste is.
Art of Practice
Know the right practices that will teach you to gain mastery of the instrument in the shortest time.
Scales, Chords, and Arpeggios
This extra module is on the three most important factors in guitar playing.
Pursuit of Tone
Great guitar players have their favorite tone. This module will help you explore and create your signature tones.
Guitar Lessons and More
Believe it or not, there are sections in Guitar Tricks that I haven’t even explored yet. I told you the program was vast. The website even has jam sections and forums that sound fun. I will write a review on it as soon as I check those out.
Aside from the jam session, forum, or the games, Guitar Tricks will be well worth every penny and blistered finger.
I got mad guitar skills for $14.95. Getting this program is really easy decision when you think about it. Through Guitar Tricks, you will be one with your guitar. And the best part is learning them through the songs you love most.
When you go through this tutorial, you will be surprised by how much you can do. You won’t even realize the progress you have made. This user-friendly course has so much material.
The 60-day cash-back guarantee offer gives you ample time to familiarize yourself with the program. 60 days is a long time for a trial period for any program.
Whatever skill level you’re in and you want to gain mastery of the guitar, this is the program for you. As for me, I’m one step closer to my rock star dreams (minus the spandex and leopard pattern clothes).