BTV Solo Review
We may earn commissions from purchases made through our links. Learn More.
Thanks for checking out this full BTV Solo Review.
The software used to be a great choice for beginner and hobbyist producers.
But not anymore – it’s dated, lacks support and features and there are so many better options out there for you.
We recommend Magix Music Maker.
- $27 for 1000 included sounds
- $47.95 for 5000 included sounds + additional features
- $179 for 7500 included sounds + additional features
The BTV Solo is the stand-alone software that came with the original “Beat Thang” portable production studio – which was the actual hardware piece. The BTV Solo software works fully without the hardware.
The software is pretty tight and backed up by music aficionados.
- Compact design and easy to use interface that mimics the hardware
- Flexible software usable on both Mac and PC
- Built-in mixer, sounds and drum kits
- Includes a pretty good sample editing tool
- Comes with 1000 pre-loaded tracks made by professional producers for you to study and chop up.
- Fast and easy navigation.
- Ability to customize individual sounds and full beats
- Potential for WAV editing within the software.
- Support for VST Instruments at higher price levels
- Drag and drop feature lets you load sounds onto pads easily.
- Drag and drop individual notes if you don’t like where they hit
- Use internal sounds, pre-loaded tracks or import sounds from computer or CD
- The software has a money back guarantee for 2 months.
- Pretty steep learning curve – will take some time to really learn how it works and get used to it
- There are no options for searching sounds – only browsing
- High price compared to easier to use software like Sonic Producer or Dr. Drum
- Interface mimics the actual hardware – NOT ideal for beginners
My Overall Thoughts on BTV Solo
It used to be dope back in the day – it was a top-shelf music maker but it’s not necessarily the best in the marketplace for most users. Especially in 2022.
That’s why I’d say beginners should go with Magix Music Maker. BTV Solo’s higher priced options are only worth it because of the VST Instrument support. This expands your sound library like mad and is well worth it in software. But there’s no point in getting it since Magix paid versions also support VSTs
Thanks again for checking out our full BTV Solo review. We hope it was helpful. The BTV Solo software had great features but it’s probably not the best choice for anyone right now. It apparently has a 60-day money back guarantee so you can buy it and try it out.
But honestly use something like Magix Music Maker instead- you can read these reviews on other music and beat making software.
- Learn to Make Your Own Beats
- How to Arrange Music
- How to Choose Better Sounding Presets
- A Review of Splice
- Headphones for Music Producers
- Essential Synths for All Beat Makers
- An Interview With Just Blaze by Universal Audio
- Influential Hip Hop Producers and Beat Makers
- Setting Up Your Studio Monitors
- Become a Better Music Producer
- Learn to Mix/Master
Back to Main Music Production Section