The Best Online Singing Lessons in 2021
Find out what the top vocal training program will be for you to learn to sing better
Last Updated: November 2021
Want to know what the best online singing lessons are today?
In this full comparison and buyers guide we’ll go over the different options available right now and help you decide which one is right for your voice and vocal style!
The Top 4 Vocal Lessons for Beginners:
When it comes to training for singers and vocalists, there are just so many options. But in our opinion, online lessons are far superior to most voice lessons with a singing teacher.
Learning how to sing is something that you’ll work on for your whole life – always trying to get better.
Vocal training will be a huge part of that.
Before we give you our overall recommendations, we’ll give you an overview of the best courses for singers on the internet to help you decide which one will work for you.
Singing Lesson Quick Comparison Chart
|30 Day Singer||HearAndPlay Vocal Mastery||Singdaptive||Singorama|
|Price||$29.95/month||$50 USD*||$49 for 2 months||$97.99 – $299.95|
|Biggest Advantage||Get Trained in Proper Technique FAST||365 Day Money Back Guarantee||Bridges Gap Between Online Lessons and Private Coaching||Great General Program|
|Biggest Disadvantage||Monthly Subscription||Audio Only||Can Get Expensive With Lots of Private Coaching||Only 60 Day Refund Policy|
|Try It Today!||Try it Today!||Try it Today!||Try it Today!|
Overview of the Top Vocal Courses
Read more about why we chose our favorites the way we did
Our Top Picks – Our 2 Favorite Singing Courses
30 Day Singer
- $29.95 / month OR
- $129 / year (best value)
- The perfect program for absolute beginners and people who think they can’t sing at all
- Good for singers with “natural talent” who haven’t been properly trained yet
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Amazing for mastering the fundamentals of singing
- “Singing in the Style of” section to help you learn the style of your favorite pop singers
- Monthly/yearly subscription payment instead of “one-time”
- Needs more genre/style specific lessons
- Higher priced overall than other options
More About This Vocal Program
Bottom line: this is a great choice for most aspiring singers.
When I first heard about the program, I was skeptical because of it’s name. “30 Day Singer” sounds gimmicky, and it makes me turn away from things.
But when we were contacted to check out the program, we got access and were pleasently surprised. It’s not really a gimmick.
They’re not claiming to turn you into Ariana Grande in 30 days. BUT you will learn all the fundamentals of proper singing technique in those 30 days (if you practice).
The idea behind the program is that it will bring you up to speed (to the “starting point” of really being a pro singer) QUICKLY.
By the end of the 30 days you’ll know how to sing PROPERLY and have a better voice, guaranteed or your money back.
That’s why it’s absolutely perfect for beginners and it’s why it’s our NUMBER 1 CHOICE!
HearAndPlay’s Vocal Mastery System
- Total Cost: $50 (digital download version)
- A comprehensive training program that covers everything
- Vocal + breathing exercises for better tone, pitch, control and more
- Vocal modes, scales, dynamics, riffs, runs, arpeggios, and more
- Taught in an energetic, exciting way
- Perfect for singers in ANY genre of music
- But it’s the only vocal program that is ideal for R&B/Soul singers
- Offers 3 months of FREE subscription to “Monthly Music Mentor” program + other bonuses
- Choose from either digital download (instant access) or physical CDs (shipped to you)
- 365 DAY Cash-Back Guarantee (A Full Year to Try It!)
- Higher priced than some options
- Main vocal program is audio only – no video (though, you don’t need video for this program)
- Program is intended for Gospel/Worship musicians (but the exercises/lessons are applicable for ALL genres of music)
- Customers outside of North America will be obligated to make an overseas call for a purchase
- Comprehensive 10-part program is a lot of stuff to go through (but it’s a COMPLETE mastery system)
Check out our Full HearAndPlay Vocal Mastery Review
More About This Vocal Training Program
HearAndPlay is our runner up because it’s hands-down the best singing lesson for anyone specifically focused on R&B or Gospel singing.
We have a bit of a focus on Hip-Hop and R&B so this program used to be our top pick. But 30DaySinger is a better all around program for people not specifically wanting to learn R&B/Gospel techniques..
In my opinion, HearAndPlay’s products are all amazing, and I love their Vocal Master System.
I was a piano novice when I first heard of them. I tried their program, and I was glad I did.
Their method of teaching was incomparable to others.
They had broken down the basic concepts into clear and very comprehensive teaching styles, avoiding confusing technical terms that may be difficult to understand.
I mess with HearAndPlay HEAVY.
And this 10 Part Vocal Mastery program is an outstanding product. The course comprehensively explains different aspects of harnessing and mastering singing in a soulful style.
Vocal Mastery covers the fundamentals, but you will also learn advanced stuff such as riffs, runs, and more.
Even experienced singers are likely to pick up new tricks from the program.
Plus it’s the ONLY choice I recommend for people who want to sing R&B/Soul Music.
HearAndPlay is very much a Gospel and Jazz oriented company – this fact sometimes throws some people off.
It was weird to me at first, too.
But I wanted to learn R&B/Soul singing so it was perfect for me
However, this does not mean that they only teach Gospel songs, so don’t run away scared now.
You will learn how to improve your vocal range and breath control while developing a full, powerful, and soulful voice through the HearAndPlay system – regardless of what music genre/style you sing.
I also highly recommend this product because of my previous experiences with the company.
I REALLY like all of their products and have purchased multiple ones myself.
The Runner Ups – Other Great Vocal Lessons
- $Individual Lessons – $5 each
- All Access Pass – $49 for 2 months / $145 for 1 year
- Exchangely Private Coaching – $90 / 2 “exchanges”
- Bridges gap between online lessons and private training effectively
- Tries to personalize experience and guide through lessons
- Great overall features for an online program
- Can feel overwhelmed with amount of content (don’t know what to do next)
- Can get expensive with the private coaching (optional)
- $97 for Digital Download, or
- $299.95 for the Physical Product
- Great program full of exercises and tips
- Includes a corrective Special Software to aid you in improving your singing voice.
- 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
- A great tool for mastering the fundamentals of singing
- Created by acclaimed singing instructor Emily Mander (no longer with company)
- Only a 60 day money back guarantee (HearAndPlay is a full year)
- Other singing lessons are more comprehensive
- Does not offer any easy payment plan
Other Classes for Vocalists Online
Here are some other popular lessons, but we don’t recommend getting them.
Superior Singing Method
- One-Time Payment of $97, or
- Three Payments of $39.95
- None (not anymore, anyways…)
- Hidden Charges
- HORRIBLE customer support – so many unanswered refund requests
- The vocal exercises may seem weird at first, but they will work for you!
- Very dry teaching style – easy to get bored or frustrated
- You may be obligated to review previous videos more than once to “get it.”
Read Our Full Superior Singing Method Review
If you want lessons that will help you to learn how to sing better this used to be the vocal program to choose.
It’s an all around program that focuses on your vocal pitch, intensity, frequency and much more. The Superior Singing Method was a good program but it’s a bit boring.
The videos are lacking in production quality and a bit dry. The presentation/teaching style is also very dry.
To see if this program will work for you (it wont…), consult our in-depth review of SSM before buying.
Bottom line: DO NOT BUY THIS LESSON. It’s not worth the money or the hassle you’ll encounter.
Singing Success 360 by Brett Manning
- VIP All-Access Pass – $197/month or
- Gold Membership – $97/month, or
- Singing Success 360 Standalone – $30/month
- Developed by Keith Urban and Taylor Swift’s Coach
- Different high-level perks based on membership level
- Monthly payments last forever, otherwise you’ll lose access
Check Out Our Full Singing Success Review
First off – this is an expensive program, especially with the monthly payments.
But this is a great program developed by Brett Manning, nonetheless.
Singing Success used to be a one-time payment available as a digital download or CD version, but recently they switched to monthly subscriptions.
It’s a good program, but the biggest problem with SS360 is that you have to spend a pretty penny to get EVERYTHING (like the mix voice and harmony lessons).
The program is fine – BUT some people also say that some of Brett’s older exercises gave them vocal nodes (a bad thing). And it’d be very bad to learn techniques that lead to bad habits!
So be aware of that.
Our Overall Recommendation
Here at Deviant Noise, we only really recommend 2 of the singing lessons mentioned above.
We like 30 Day Singer because of their exclusive exercises and lessons and well structured approach.
We like Vocal Mastery because of the way HearAndPlay approaches teaching and it’s a better “R&B/Gospel” program.
The great thing about our picks is that they offer money-back guarantees, so you can try them all if you really want. Either way, if you pick one of the four singing programs we mention above, you won’t go wrong.
You WILL improve your voice.
Why Try Voice Classes Online?
If you’re still reading this, I guess you are serious about starting a singing career.
Most people dream of being a singer, but they don’t have the willingness nor the know-how. Most people don’t know the price of their dreams.
But you are unlike them, aren’t you?
Whether you’re playing guitar, taking piano lessons or learning how to make beats – you need TRAINING.
You need to constantly improve your skills and talent. That’s why online lessons are so critical to your success.
Not many people know that even the greatest singers in the music industry work with professional vocal coaches. They constantly strive to put their skills to the test, it not only improves their skills, but it also opens them up to newer experiences.
However… A voice coach is not for everyone.
Most often they…
- Are costly
- Will not meet you often enough (usually 3-4 times a month)
- Will not meet you long enough (usually half hour per session)
- May does not give you the proper attention that your voice needs
Yeah… I know, it sucks
Personal Experience With Singing Tutorials
Once I decided that I wanted to become a better singer, I didn’t know where to start. To rise above other singers in the field who are amazingly talented, I knew I had to improve my voice.
How can I achieve this?
Could It Be Done For Free?
Just like everyone else, I started searching online for techniques on exercising my voice without having to pay anything.
The web is full of information. All the answers to my questions are there, right?
That’s not exactly true.
These are some of the things I came out with instead:
1. Articles that were not helpful. Most are just senseless and go nowhere.
2. Web sites that were of no help and didn’t have any significance when it came to singing advice.
3. People who say that they’re expert singing coaches but have no credentials and validity in the music industry.
4. Viruses!!! Downloading free online vocal course copies got me burned… Really hard
Practicing how to sing daily is just logical, right? Simply sing daily. Practice singing higher and try out new songs. What’s so complicated about singing?
It’s just something you can practice in the shower, right?
NO. It is not that simple.
I felt like there was no improvement at all, and I was just so lost. I had no idea what I was doing. I was totally clueless about the needed practices. I had no idea what vocal exercises should do to help me improve my singing.
Private / Personal Coach?
Private vocal coaching was not the road I wanted to go. I needed someone who can help me become a professional singer.
You see, I live in a small and uneventful town (very unlike LA or New York). The local vocal coaches could not help me become a real singer.
Nope. I didn’t need a choir, teacher. I needed someone from the big leagues.
Then, Finally Came Game Changer
After going through numerous frustrating paths and going nowhere, I finally said to myself “what the heck, I’ll try these out” and got some singing tutorials available online.
I thought about going for Berklee’s full vocal course or some other expensive programs, but I just could not afford it. I opted for the less expensive lessons instead.
Surprisingly, a few options turned up very adequate. They were well-suited for my situation. I’ve written down some of these in the reviews above.
It’s Your Turn
That’s all I could say about that.
Those mentioned above are some of my absolute favorite. They have something to offer both for novice and experienced singers alike.
Check out all the options first, and then make your choice. All of the options are very good, all you have to choose is the program with the learning method that works for you. These courses are great and will take you to new levels you never thought you could reach.
You will be surprised with the progress you’ll make. I highly recommend that you try out at least one course. If you are just like me, get all the lessons recommended here and soak up every singing lesson you can solely for the passion of singing.
So now, it’s your turn. I’d like to hear anything you have in mind about these courses. Have you had any experiences with online training?
Which of them helped you improve your singing voice? Share your thoughts, I am open for discussions and comments. I would love to hear about them!
If you think this post is helpful, please share it through Twitter, Google+ or Facebook!